Savanna Studio Recipe

Mix, but do not shake:

36 students armed with sketchbooks and camping gear

3 instructors prepared with information and an agenda

5 university vans equipped with walkie-talkies and spare keys

Then add a plethora of interesting historic, cultural and native landscapes over 7000 miles, and you have an adventure to remember!


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day Seventeen - E. Colfax Here We Come!

Look at that hair!
Emily Iva- Today was one of our final driving days! We woke up warm in our tents, then instantly froze in the slightly ridiculous Teton air as soon as we unzipped our tents. Moving slow, we packed up our gear and got ready to head to Denver. The motivation of showers being available that night made us move just a bit quicker. Many, like myself, were wearing hats to cover up the 3-day nasty that was our hair. Yet with all of the filth built up on us, our spirits were still fairly high. With the end of the trip nearing, tensions were high and even MY claws were starting to come out. Unfortunately this led to me yelling at 3 fellow Savanna-ers, which I still regret.
Everyone is sleepy.
But I digress! We packed up our gear, threw it in the vans, and were on the road by the usual 8AM. With a 12 hour drive ahead of us, many took advantage of the time to catch up on sleep. I only managed to sleep for about a half hour, because I had the numerous distractions named David, Nick, Ryano, Nate, Devon and Jeff around me. And I say that with all of the love in my heart, dears.

With Michael Martin at the wheel, or copilot at least, we had a van ride of fun trivia and quirky comments. The ride was nothing short of entertaining, because wherever Devon and I are, there is always a dance party. We had a quality line-up of songs, if I may say so myself. Even Nate and Nick busted out some pretty impressive moves.

We arrived in Denver after dark. As soon as the gearshift hit park, we jumped out of the vans and into the showers. Some went out and explored around Denver, and some, like myself chose to stay in. No matter what we did, we stuck to the advice the lady at the front desk of our hotel gave us: "When you walk out of the building, DON'T go right, go left."






No comments:

Post a Comment